Laborers’ Local 78 represents construction professionals who work with asbestos, lead, and hazardous waste in New York City, Long Island, and New Jersey. The Local’s 3,000 members work for over 200 signatory environmental contractors, conducting 75% of all asbestos removal in the region.
The Laborers International Union of America (LIUNA) established Local 78 in 1996. (LIUNA). Since then, the Local has continuously expanded as a result of proactive organization and an engaged membership. Local 78 was granted the authority for asbestos and lead abatement on Long Island in 2002.
Learn more about LiUNA Local 78 by visiting www.local78.org
Pay Laborers’ Local 78 Automatically with HCM TradeSeal:
To automate payroll and reporting for this union: open HCM TradeSeal, go to "Trade Intelligence" and add LiUNA 78 to your list of unions. Adding this local will enable HCM TradeSeal to:
- Auto-calculate of Laborers’ Local 78 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculate and account for for Laborers’ Local 78 union benefits
- Generate automatic union reports for Laborers’ Local 78
- Simplify union audits for Laborers’ Local 78
- Generate Certified Payroll reports for Laborers’ Local 78 work classes
Watch a Video
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals, including Laborers’ Local 78.