IBEW Local 589 represents nearly 1,200 Third Rail Electricians, Equipment Electricians, Maintenance of Way Electricians, High Tension Linemen, and Substation workers who serve the MTA-Long Island Railroad.
The Local is a subsidiary organization of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, with headquarters in Patchogue, NY.
IBEW Local 589 supports its members in obtaining better and safer working conditions, family-sustaining wages, high-quality health insurance, safe retirement plans, a fair collective bargaining process, ongoing training, supplemental dental and vision plans, and other benefits.
Learn more about Local 589 by visiting ibew589.org
Pay IBEW Local 589 Automatically with HCM TradeSeal:
To automate payroll and reporting for this union: open HCM TradeSeal, go to "Trade Intelligence" and add IBEW 589 to your list of unions. Adding this local will enable HCM TradeSeal to:
- Auto-calculate of IBEW Local 589 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculate and account for for IBEW Local 589 union benefits
- Generate automatic union reports for IBEW Local 589
- Simplify union audits for IBEW Local 589
- Generate Certified Payroll reports for IBEW Local 589 work classes
Watch a Video
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals, including IBEW Local 589.