Local 589 represents nearly 1,200 Third Rail Electricians, Equipment Electricians, Maintenance of Way Electricians, High Tension Linemen, and Substation workers who serve the MTA-Long Island Railroad.
The Local is a subsidiary organization of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, with headquarters in Patchogue, NY.
Local 589 supports its members in obtaining better and safer working conditions, family-sustaining wages, high-quality health insurance, safe retirement plans, a fair collective bargaining process, ongoing training, supplemental dental and vision plans, and other benefits.
Learn more about Local 589 by visiting ibew589.org
HCM TradeSeal support for IBEW Local 589:
- Auto-calculation of IBEW Local 589 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculation and accounting support for IBEW Local 589 union benefits
- Automatic union reports for IBEW Local 589
- Union audit support for IBEW Local 589
- Accurate Certified Payroll reporting for IBEW Local 589 work classes
How to Add IBEW Local 589 to TradeSeal
This Local's unique TradeSeal identifier is: IBEW 589
Go to HCM TradeSeal > Data Manager and choose "Benefits, Deductions and Fringes" to add IBEW 589 fringe benefit calculations and automatic remittance reporting.
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals.