IBEW Local 499 is a labor union that represents workers in the electric and natural gas industry in Iowa, parts of Nebraska, and South Dakota. Its jurisdiction covers utilities, outside construction, inside construction, manufacturing, and railroads.
The union has around 1,150 members and is based in Des Moines, Iowa. MidAmerican Energy is its largest employer and employs approximately 1,050 of its members under four different contracts. In addition, the local union represents four Rural Electrical Cooperatives (RECs) in Jefferson, Harlan, Albia, and Osceola, Iowa.
To learn more about IBEW Local 499 and its benefits programs, please, visit its website, ibew499.com
Pay IBEW Local 499 Automatically with HCM TradeSeal:
To automate payroll and reporting for this union: open HCM TradeSeal, go to "Trade Intelligence" and add IBEW 499 to your list of unions. Adding this local will enable HCM TradeSeal to:
- Auto-calculate of IBEW Local 499 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculate and account for for IBEW Local 499 union benefits
- Generate automatic union reports for IBEW Local 499
- Simplify union audits for IBEW Local 499
- Generate Certified Payroll reports for IBEW Local 499 work classes
Watch a Video
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals, including IBEW Local 499.