Carpenters Local 279 represents over 2,100 hard-working carpenters who serve the geographical areas of Columbia, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester counties in New York. It was created in April 2011 through the merger of Local 11 and Local 19.
Through the North Atlantic States Carpenters Training Fund (NASCTF), Local 279 offers its members a four-year, competency-based apprenticeship training program that includes both classroom training and on-the-job training. It also offers several benefit programs to its members. Among them are medical coverage, annuity, pension, and vacation benefits.
To learn more about Carpenters Local 279, please, visit their website at carpenterslocalunion279.org.
Pay Carpenters Local 279 Automatically with HCM TradeSeal:
To automate payroll and reporting for this union: open HCM TradeSeal, go to "Trade Intelligence" and add CJA 279 to your list of unions. Adding this local will enable HCM TradeSeal to:
- Auto-calculate of Carpenters Local 279 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculate and account for for Carpenters Local 279 union benefits
- Generate automatic union reports for Carpenters Local 279
- Simplify union audits for Carpenters Local 279
- Generate Certified Payroll reports for Carpenters Local 279 work classes
Watch a Video
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals, including Carpenters Local 279.