The wake-up call for the Ohio contractors came in 1918, when the rising cost of rail freight was increasing the price of materials already included in established road building contracts. Contractors sought reimbursement but, without one strong voice, their individual pleas went unheard – lost figuratively in the shrill noise of a train riding on rails.
In the fall of 1918, those individual voices became unified when contractors throughout the state assembled in Columbus. The effort those 50-some contractors, “who turned Ohio’s mud roads into brick, concrete and macadam and worked under horse-and-buggy rules,” had, in coming together, was the forming of a group that today is a leading voice for Ohio’s heavy, highway and utility industry – the Ohio Contractors Association.
For more information on the Ohio Contractors Association, visit their website here.
Pay Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 Automatically with HCM TradeSeal:
To automate payroll and reporting for this union: open HCM TradeSeal, go to "Trade Intelligence" and add OHOE 18 to your list of unions. Adding this local will enable HCM TradeSeal to:
- Auto-calculate of Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculate and account for for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 union benefits
- Generate automatic union reports for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18
- Simplify union audits for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18
- Generate Certified Payroll reports for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 work classes
Watch a Video
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals, including Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18.