The wake-up call for the Ohio contractors came in 1918, when the rising cost of rail freight was increasing the price of materials already included in established road building contracts. Contractors sought reimbursement but, without one strong voice, their individual pleas went unheard – lost figuratively in the shrill noise of a train riding on rails.
In the fall of 1918, those individual voices became unified when contractors throughout the state assembled in Columbus. The effort those 50-some contractors, “who turned Ohio’s mud roads into brick, concrete and macadam and worked under horse-and-buggy rules,” had, in coming together, was the forming of a group that today is a leading voice for Ohio’s heavy, highway and utility industry – the Ohio Contractors Association.
For more information on the Ohio Contractors Association, visit their website here.
HCM TradeSeal support for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18:
- Auto-calculation of Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 Journeyman and/or Apprentice rates
- Calculation and accounting support for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 union benefits
- Automatic union remittance reporting for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18
- Union audit support for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18
- Accurate Certified Payroll reporting for Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 work classes
Add Ohio Contractors Association – Local 18 to TradeSeal
This Local's unique TradeSeal identifier is: OHOE 18
Go to HCM TradeSeal > Data Manager and choose "Benefits, Deductions and Fringes" to add OHOE 18 fringe benefit calculations and automatic remittance reporting.
Learn more about HCM TradeSeal by watching a brief overview video. HCM TradeSeal can automatically calculate fringe benefits and generate remittance reports for most union locals.